Dr John Celes
O thank your dad for what you are today!
In life, a pivotal role, he does play;
‘His contribution is priceless, ' let's say;
Like mother, father gives bliss anyway!
A father's place, no person else can take;
A father's love is of a special make;
He toils unceasingly for family's sake;
He tells the members what is called as fake!
A fatherless child becomes unruly;
A child with father lives so casually;
With father gone, life can turn cruelly;
A father gives all, joy in family!
Respect your father for his weighs in gold;
He teaches you to be righteous and bold;
He is a fountain of wisdom when old;
His sacrifices most, remain untold!
So, wish your father on this special day;
Do greet him, hug him, kiss him anyway;
A father means a lot in life some way;
Return his love is some form, come what may!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-06-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father's Day,2012 by Dr John Celes )
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)