Dr John Celes
O thank your dad for what you are today!
In life, a pivotal role, he does play;
‘His contribution is priceless, ' let's say;
Like mother, father gives bliss anyway!
A father's place, no person else can take;
A father's love is of a special make;
He toils unceasingly for family's sake;
He tells the members what is called as fake!
A fatherless child becomes unruly;
A child with father lives so casually;
With father gone, life can turn cruelly;
A father gives all, joy in family!
Respect your father for his weighs in gold;
He teaches you to be righteous and bold;
He is a fountain of wisdom when old;
His sacrifices most, remain untold!
So, wish your father on this special day;
Do greet him, hug him, kiss him anyway;
A father means a lot in life some way;
Return his love is some form, come what may!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-06-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father's Day,2012 by Dr John Celes )
- Willing To Able To Do Your Best, Ronell Warren Alman
- When Tears Will Fall, Eleonor Santiago
- Seeing Answers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 7, ramesh rai
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
- And grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)