Father To Son
You were born unto me as one of God's gifts.
Who would have thought you would
turn out like this. Baseball was our passion
and, we vowed to always be open.
Some were not sure who they had seen.
We had the same charm and to some that
was cause for alarm.
You were so special just as God intended. Your season to move in came upon me
by surprise. But with your blessed organs
we saved seven other lives. After much thought
I could only turn and say, Thank you
Lord for giving you to me and the world for
more than just one day. We will never be apart. You are with me
when I am awake. You are with me when
I say my prayers at the end of the day.
I will always see you in the eyes of
others and feel you in the heart of another.
There is no distance between us, in the
mirror is your reflection.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father To Son by Karen Royster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas