Father To Son
You were born unto me as one of God's gifts.
Who would have thought you would
turn out like this. Baseball was our passion
and, we vowed to always be open.
Some were not sure who they had seen.
We had the same charm and to some that
was cause for alarm.
You were so special just as God intended. Your season to move in came upon me
by surprise. But with your blessed organs
we saved seven other lives. After much thought
I could only turn and say, Thank you
Lord for giving you to me and the world for
more than just one day. We will never be apart. You are with me
when I am awake. You are with me when
I say my prayers at the end of the day.
I will always see you in the eyes of
others and feel you in the heart of another.
There is no distance between us, in the
mirror is your reflection.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father To Son by Karen Royster )
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)