Father told, ink filled pen causes writing
I poured ink into pen and started to write.
Father told, the door if knocked
Some one or other will open that
I knocked at the door
From other side the door opened.
Father advised me to walk carefully
I proceeded step by step
But I stumbled on the walking way
Father told, this is ornaments of walking path.
Father asked to return back at practical world
From the world at poetic imagination
I returned back at practical world
And started to proceed
That walking path of mine followed me.
Father advised to read and learn
I read book and learnt
Also informed the neighbors
They learnt, taught and informed
Father advised me to behave gently with all
I behaved gently with all, but
Some persons misbehaved with me
Father told me to be forgiving
So, I forgave them.
Father told, open your incite, you will
Find everything is easy- straight and charming
No sooner I opened my incite
Infinite butterfly built their dwelling there.
Through eye that you see
That is only present
Through mind that you see is past, present and future
I closed my eye and spread
I spread mind at wings of butterfly.
Father told, every moment is under control of creature.
Even a leaf moves at his direction.
I listened, flying at sky as cloud
Falling in dropp as rain- bloomed as flower
And I extended over the air as aroma.
Father told, physique of creature dies, not soul
I close eye and become the king
Of far unknown kingdom.
Father told, sun rises in the east
And sun sets in the west
I heard, saw and believed.
BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father Told by BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA )
- Scenes From the Rain! ! ! ! ! ! ! !, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Here, Betsy Sholl
- The Blue Eyed, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Tortoise, Betsy Sholl
- A Reflecting Mirror, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sanctuary, Naveed Khalid
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
- Atukei, The Itesot Girl, maureen ceasar
- A Little Traveling Music, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1923 - 1998)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)