Dr John Celes
Greet your father on this day –
Your family’s bread-winner, aye!
If not for his hard-earned pay,
Most things may not be worthwhile to say.
Bless your father on this day;
He deserves your care today;
He’s strict but loving all the way;
He’s your dad who slogs all day.
Hug your daddy; Wish him good health;
He’s the reason behind your wealth;
Kiss your father, show your love;
He’s your guardian angel from above!
‘Fathers’ Day’ comes once a year!
Give a card for your dad dear;
There’s nothing to fear when he is near;
Sing him a special song to hear!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 6-21-2009
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fathers’ Day,2009 by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- News Of Tragedies, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Natural Life's Aura, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Keys, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Confessed, Sandra Feldman
- LONELY, Egbe Chris
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI