Dr John Celes
Greet your father on this day –
Your family’s bread-winner, aye!
If not for his hard-earned pay,
Most things may not be worthwhile to say.
Bless your father on this day;
He deserves your care today;
He’s strict but loving all the way;
He’s your dad who slogs all day.
Hug your daddy; Wish him good health;
He’s the reason behind your wealth;
Kiss your father, show your love;
He’s your guardian angel from above!
‘Fathers’ Day’ comes once a year!
Give a card for your dad dear;
There’s nothing to fear when he is near;
Sing him a special song to hear!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 6-21-2009
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fathers’ Day,2009 by Dr John Celes )
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)