Dr John Celes
Greet your father on this day –
Your family’s bread-winner, aye!
If not for his hard-earned pay,
Most things may not be worthwhile to say.
Bless your father on this day;
He deserves your care today;
He’s strict but loving all the way;
He’s your dad who slogs all day.
Hug your daddy; Wish him good health;
He’s the reason behind your wealth;
Kiss your father, show your love;
He’s your guardian angel from above!
‘Fathers’ Day’ comes once a year!
Give a card for your dad dear;
There’s nothing to fear when he is near;
Sing him a special song to hear!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 6-21-2009
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fathers’ Day,2009 by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola
- A wilted story, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Gently Placing Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Predicting The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The American Dream, Is It Poetry