Frank V. Gardner
FBI Director Hoover - The Man
J. Edgar Hoover was a man
Who had a job to do.
He did it well; yes, even though
His critics were some few.
He started out against the odds
Four dozen years ago.
He volunteered, and persevered
To make 'the Bureau' go.
He fostered in his people
The ideal of dedication;
And we responded to the task
With 'Hoover emulation.'
In probing, good reporting, as
We sifted evidence,
We followed his example,
While we aimed for excellence.
At crime and communism,
Mr. Hoover took a stand.
We agents fought the fight with him,
And labeled him: 'the man.'
So, on this day of eulogies,
The Bureau's flag stays flying high,
To mark his finest tribute:
That he built the F.B.I.
(Written in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas,
Mexico, on May 4,1972, the day following
Director Hoover's death in Washington, D. C.)
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FBI Director Hoover - The Man by Frank V. Gardner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stop, Is It Poetry
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady