I am consumed by fear of the unknown,
My life has changed to unbearable,
I have fear that is telling me I am not good enough
And I will be never be, I fear acceptance to the world,
I fear to express my soul to the world, I cannot speak,
My language and words are not up to standard,
My fear has cut out my tongue, I cannot sing
i'm like a caged bird, I am bound.
My fear is unknown.
I miss my youth, when I was free and full of life
I was ready to take life as it comes,
I had freedom of speech,
I had freedom of movement,
I was free of fear, the fear of the unknown.
I know that I am special; I am protected by the higher power,
I know that I 'm sent for the purpose,
But the fear that I’m consumed by made me lose my focus.
My False evidence appearing real
My fear of the unknown.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear by Nandi Mhlongo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland
- Drifting Hell, Michael McParland