Though the streams dry
And the wind blows so hard
Though our neighbors die
Our birds forget to sing
And terribly cry
Though there are no clouds in the sky
And no drops of rain touch our earth
‘Fear shall fail’ to frighten us
‘Fear shall fail’ to shake our house
For fear fears our shelter
For fears our father.
Tsegaye Hailesilassie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear Fears by Tsegaye Hailesilassie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From words and acts, gajanan mishra
- bring this tech down a little, Mandolyn ...
- Molecules Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bond exists, hasmukh amathalal
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak