Fear Versus Faith
The skies opened up and rain did pour.
I heard it from my bed.
The winds were howling and I closed my eyes
and then inside my head
I pictured a clear and sunny day
and pretended all was calm.
The next thing I knew I was praying
the words to the 23rd Psalm.
I fell asleep after the prayer
while the storm was raging on.
But the peace of those words recited by me
erased my fear. It was gone.
For prayer brings you peace
when you're faced with fear.
So let the skies open up. Let it pour.
Let the winds howl far or near.
For my fate will never be determined
by the fury that nature can bring.
It will only be decided by my faith
in the belief of every good thing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear Versus Faith by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Childhood Preparing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tempted, Electric Lady
- Sincerity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak