Feelings come to us,
Agape comes from us,
By our free choice
God is agape,
And agape is not feeling.
So God is not feeling.
That does not make him or agape
Cold and abstract.
Just the opposite:
God is love itself
Faith is like an anchor
Hope is like a compass or a navigator.
It gives us direction,
And it takes its bearings
From the stars.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feelings by Mary Davidson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo