Feelings come to us,
Agape comes from us,
By our free choice
God is agape,
And agape is not feeling.
So God is not feeling.
That does not make him or agape
Cold and abstract.
Just the opposite:
God is love itself
Faith is like an anchor
Hope is like a compass or a navigator.
It gives us direction,
And it takes its bearings
From the stars.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feelings by Mary Davidson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 66, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Request, Frieda Risvold
- Khwab martay nhi! ~(inspired) ~, Shahzia Batool
- Deep Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Will never ask for more than this..., Alok Singhal
- Circumventing Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Morning, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Sign, Rex mayor Ubini
- Open Letter to Lady Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- Mbase nuk e dinte…, skender iljaz braka