Felt like a hero!
An innocent young boy
Seventeen years old guy!
Went to the medical college
Stayed in the gents’ hostel!
An adolescent boy once
Under parents supervision!
Now he is free with his friends
Under the control of the wardens!
He was a disciplined boy
Had the opportunity to smoke!
A free cigarette offered in the
Month end dinner in the mess!
He picked up gradually,
Weekly one cigarette joyfully!
Smoked Four to five cigarettes
While travel in West coast express!
From Mangalore to Podanur
Podanur to Mangalore back!
In sitting accommodation
In sleeper compartment!
Proudly smoking in the presence
Of seniors and elders of course!
Unaware of the consequences
Continued smoking till forty years!
He developed one day
Fogging of the eyes off!
While taking every smoke puff
Ignored the warning!
Had the angina pain worrying,
Angiogram test result was alarming!
Underwent CABG, after creating worry,
Coronary artery by-pass graft surgery!
Why take risk young fellows?
Prevention is better than cure!
Don’t start smoking for fun,
End in bad heart health in vain!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Felt like a hero! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...
- कर्म ही अब धर्म जहाँ..., Sandhya Jane