Fill For Me A Brimming Bowl
Fill for me a brimming bowl
And in it let me drown my soul:
But put therein some drug, designed
To Banish Women from my mind:
For I want not the stream inspiring
That fills the mind with--fond desiring,
But I want as deep a draught
As e'er from Lethe's wave was quaff'd;
From my despairing heart to charm
The Image of the fairest form
That e'er my reveling eyes beheld,
That e'er my wandering fancy spell'd.
In vain! away I cannot chace
The melting softness of that face,
The beaminess of those bright eyes,
That breast--earth's only Paradise.
My sight will never more be blest;
For all I see has lost its zest:
Nor with delight can I explore,
The Classic page, or Muse's lore.
Had she but known how beat my heart,
And with one smile reliev'd its smart
I should have felt a sweet relief,
I should have felt ``the joy of grief.''
Yet as the Tuscan mid the snow
Of Lapland dreams on sweet Arno,
Even so for ever shall she be
The Halo of my Memory.
John Keats's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fill For Me A Brimming Bowl by John Keats )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith