Julia West (julesx 64)
Fire! ! !
FIRE IS TEMPER
When uncontrolled - you 'blow your top'
Stamping and screaming - tantrums... 'having a strop'
FIRE IS PASSION / OF SPARKS / OF LOVE
In the cosy hearth, flames dancing, chasing shadows around the room
Fire is the glow when love ignites once singular hearts
Passion burning when lovers meet
Senses alive felt through music that touches the very soul
Transporting of minds and bodies through individual fantasy islands.
FIRE IS HEAT
Flames open outdoor fires lick as if tasting food for perfection
Changing raw into cooked
Barbeques - singed edges - charcoal smells - alfresco dining with friends.
Heat from the sun baking the skin, soothing, relaxing, long term damaging?
FIRE IS COLOUR
Beautiful sunsets, sky of reds and golds
Orange and vibrant yellows - captured in pictures - bravely spilled colours on walls
Shiney auburn long hair - mesmerising movement in the breeze.
FIRE IS RHYTHM OF FAST DANCE / OF ENERGY
Imagine dancers their synchronised movements and holds
Heat of bodies when exercise makes hot
The burn of muscles when they beg you to stop.
FIRE IS FLAMES / OF DESTRUCTION
Fire its merciless licking of colours once bright, flammable possessions
Its partner the smoke concoct suffocating forces
Both destructive changing items to unrecognisable char
Black and melted from heat, stuck to the floor, wood crackled effects....
Possessions no more...
Own life that lives? ....
Or is No more.....
Dark and wet were firemen have been..... pungent smells....
Once frenzied activity..... in once loved rooms....
Now dripping and Quiet....
Julia West (julesx 64)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fire! ! ! by Julia West (julesx 64) )
- Cold hearts, Over The Moon
- All I want is a friendship, Alice Cordy
- Many Mistakes, Michael McParland
- Happy 18th Birthday, Alice Cordy
- Above the Storm, Alice Cordy
- a rainy day@ kidapawan, RIC S. BASTASA
- Provocation, Over The Moon
- Be patient, hasmukh amathalal
- memory lane@tabon, RIC S. BASTASA
- dawn i know, in deep understanding shall.., RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)