Fired Up, Eaten Up
A male firefly, just weeks to live,
I focus on seeking Ms Right,
Cuz I got genes I gotta give,
So I go blinking through the night.
A chemical butt beacon sends
Code that I wanna get it on.
Whether or not it works depends
On how lucky a hand I've drawn.
Cuz there's a femme fatale firefly
Who flashes signals of pretense,
Hoping to fool a sex starved guy,
Then make a meal out of us gents.
As I was looking for my mate,
Guess who came to dinner - too late!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fired Up, Eaten Up by Ima Ryma )
- unheard pleas, cheynne dries
- The Mild Tiger Among Wild Men, rajendran muthiah
- dont take your life, cheynne dries
- My Life, M.J Donnchadh
- The Living Mirror, Jessica Gabanyic
- caked mud on the doorbell, Mandolyn ...
- Magnificent Armada, Saiom Shriver
- What is final, gajanan mishra
- ZZ Ernest Johnson, MD, Saiom Shriver
- soaking in the arms of a phantom, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)