A shocking display
Coming straight my way
Mouth open, nothing comes out
There is still time, without a doubt
To get your attention
What should I mention?
Wondering what I can say.
To get you in my life, how should I play?
Should I call you beautiful?
But such a word to me is hurtful
Because you are much more
A beauty without any flaw
You turn heads
Men dream of you in their beds
How can I make you see nothing but me?
You command such power weak men flee
I am not weak, I know I’m strong
I put it in my head I can’t go wrong
I stop you in your path
Words come out, you smile a laugh
I get your name
First contact has been made in this life game
Reginald Francois's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First contact by Reginald Francois )
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
- Big Dark Cloud, Albert Martin
- 1 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- America, What's So Beautiful?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 30 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- love nature, khaled Elbalishy
- Keep feet, hasmukh amathalal
- What Will It Take?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 12 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- The component of value, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)