It has been five days, since two hours ago,
Why time passes this way, today, I really don't know.
I have seen and felt and heard and thought,
But understanding, those things, I have not,
I seem to no longer be able to comprehend,
When will this fog lift? and confusion end?
It has been two weeks since we first spoke,
Not a single puff, or a single toke,
I have quit that to forget my time,
Embracing you and making you mine.
But my world is still, swirling,
I feel like I'm twirling,
Trying to catch a view,
of all these things that are new.
Then, there is school,
And momma didn't raise no fool,
I've been doing my best to keep up,
But there is too much in my cup.
It' has been five days, since two hours ago,
And although time moving this way, today,
Is exhausting, I'm kinda glad time is going slow.
Nia Schexnider's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Five Days by Nia Schexnider )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Am Sorry, Yogiraj Biplab
- Fetching, Saiom Shriver
- Blackberry Pickers, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Lost Voice, akshaya shah
- The Soul And The Spirit Of The Race, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- my pair of pretty is all grown up, Mandolyn ...
- A Short Poem, Toshie Nohara
- The Lane, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The gift, John F. McCullagh
- Metamorphosis, Patricia Grantham