Flag Red Too
Flag Red Too
Tell me why…?
In one's blood did hatred lie.
Tell me why..?
Peace present'd in prostration
Worthy land dreamt not,
Freedom in ‘Strict Non-Vegetarian Rulers'
Thirsty they are, innocent blood you have.
Fear not, do wait…..
Turn will be yours, do wait….
Red is blood you verily know.
Tell me why?
Red in colour my homeland is?
Nourished is my land, for Thy blood was crimson
Red is your flag,
I tell you why…?
You crept'nt to scrutinize our soil.
You scud over it, gluttonous wind driven you.
Never ever, you smelt'nt the blood aroma.
India I blame not, your pretence…..
But I see crimson blood in your hands.
I see blood in your flag, , , , , , , , that
I amount your flag is red, that is why….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flag Red Too by Arif Nisar )
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When My Death Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 October 1942 -)