Flip A Trillion
The U.S. Treasury can mint
A coin made of some platinum,
Take it to the Fed and present
It for a trillion dollars - dumb!
Not in the Oz land of D.C.
Where politicians play the game
With any new toy that there be
To buy more time and have no shame.
Santa Claus should be on the head,
But a blank nothing on the tail.
When all these games are done and said,
We'll end in go out of biz sale.
We are the coins that D.C. toss.
Odds are we're landing for a loss.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flip A Trillion by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson
- The seat divine sees monarchy renew, Keith Johnson