Water-water everywhere but not a dropp to drink,
Disastrous situation here and there but no time to think,
No phones, no net so no chance for people to link,
So tell how they will save the one who’re going to sink.
In this huge big mess no one has time to stop and see,
Boats, tubes and rafts are there but in the huge big sea,
Some with blood in water while others with cup of tea,
All went underwater houses and even the crops in the lea.
Some are roofless and some under their waterproof dome,
Some are wearing floats while rest’re styling their hairs with comb,
So I just have this message in my gigantic personal tome,
That please don’t ever in heavy rains dare to leave your home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Floods by bhupender swarnakar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Philosophy, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Trinmul Congress Party Will Definite.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Bulls, I Mean The Communists, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Am Something, Human Ego, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee