Flowers With Thorns
In that niche
So dark and deep
I found that delicacy
As red as blood
Just bloomed from a bud
By serene shine
She was stuck with mud
At a side, as I tried
To blow all impurity aside.
Until she shone bright
In the happy summer’s light.
How could she have been there?
How could one be so callous?
I grieved at her fate
I smiled at her innocence
Gazed at her lovely petals
Curling in the breeze of spring
Something curled inside me too.
I begin admiring her beauty
With my skin rolling on her body.
A spell broke
When I saw the red drops
As my skin cried
It knew the beauty had to abide
The law of the divine...
I felt the sorrow arise
When one of the arrows in her armor
The red crown it borrowed from my skin
Shone like a ruby.
Her petals bent a little down
When she saw her master frown
I couldn’t bear the scorn
So I smashed that thing on the ground
In that niche
So dark and deep…
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flowers With Thorns by Vartika Pandey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Tony Adah
- Godlike, Lawrence Beck
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI