Flowers With Thorns
In that niche
So dark and deep
I found that delicacy
As red as blood
Just bloomed from a bud
By serene shine
She was stuck with mud
At a side, as I tried
To blow all impurity aside.
Until she shone bright
In the happy summer’s light.
How could she have been there?
How could one be so callous?
I grieved at her fate
I smiled at her innocence
Gazed at her lovely petals
Curling in the breeze of spring
Something curled inside me too.
I begin admiring her beauty
With my skin rolling on her body.
A spell broke
When I saw the red drops
As my skin cried
It knew the beauty had to abide
The law of the divine...
I felt the sorrow arise
When one of the arrows in her armor
The red crown it borrowed from my skin
Shone like a ruby.
Her petals bent a little down
When she saw her master frown
I couldn’t bear the scorn
So I smashed that thing on the ground
In that niche
So dark and deep…
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flowers With Thorns by Vartika Pandey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum