Murder Of Sentiments
For an attempt to begin such verse
I must abstain from any meter.
There has also been a murder of rhythm,
Amongst the other sentiments.
I declare it to be
A delusional tragedy
Sung infused with disgust
And the immortal grief.
They rejoice their happy songs
When I still ask back my sanity.
As I look at my unlucky stars
The dimmest in the skies lying far
Look within me now
And see how empty people are!
How people are who feed on themselves
How are those who have lost their senses
Whose dreams demise
Like the summer morning dew
And whose desires are trampled
In demonic trenches.
I am amongst those who pray in the graveyard
I am the one who breathes in death
I drown away in the river of my pain
To slaughter my sentiments again.
Dying is easy for the courageous
So I let my sentiments die.
I have forgot what is normality
And also forgot what was my.
I have escaped from the war
And I am out of the line
Torn between two worlds
Real, and the divine.
I see flesh, I see blood
Of my sentiments and my own
Flowing from far forgone.
Revenge is uninvited
But together we shall be.
I murder my sentiments
And they, murder me.
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Murder Of Sentiments by Vartika Pandey )
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan