My grip upon the silken cord grows weak
I long as much to linger as to flee
(as if my ruined wings would carry me)
Have I been here a moment or a week?
The cordial poison courses through my limbs
I think it was a mighty dram to drink-
Woeful wound, but worth it, now, I think,
and sweeter finally than my wildest dreams.
How wide the web extends itself about!
each cable seeming fastened to a star
as one by one my tiny lamps go out
like the candles of a candelabra.
How sweet to sink in spite of all intention
into the shivering ecstasy of extinction.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fly by Morgan Michaels )
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns