Cynthia BuhainBaello (November 17,1949 / Manila, Philippines)
Writing poetry is passion, like breathing. If my writing touches but one life and gives it hope, then I have done my purpose in writing.
I like poems that rhyme, have rhythm, and meaning, or poems that tell a story. At present, I am into the study of Asian forms of poetry such as the Naani (Indian Telugu form) , and the Japanese poetry forms Haiku, Tanka, Waka, and Choka. Other forms such as Cinquain and the Triolet I find harder to write.
I've loved reading poetry since I was a child and some kids thought I was weird but I enjoyed it. I tried to write poems as early as age 8, some were published by the nuns in our school paper. One thing I found out, I was ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Julia -new-
- The Photograph -new-
- Only Christ Our Ransom -new-
- For Filipinos: WHY FIND IT SO HARD TO CO... -new-
- Forceful Men Of God (Matthew 11: 12) -new-
- Tinatanong Pa Ba Iyan? -new-
- Pilipinas, Diyos Ang Tawagan! -new-
- Si Rizal, Bayaning Radikal -new-
- Let There Be Light! -new-
- Weaving Beliefs
- Where The Heart Is
- Word For Today
- Writing Of Death This Christmas?
- Real Compassion
- A Child Like Clay
- A Mother's Work (Nonet)
- A Baby's Laughter
- A Better Fix
- A Blessed Land
- A Common Man I Am
- A Convenient Escape
- A Day At the Agora
- A Diamond
- A Distant Love
- A Failed Ideology
- A Failed Leadership
- A Father's Legacy
- A Father's Tears (Free Verse)