Writing poetry is passion, like breathing. If my writing touches but one life and gives it hope, then I have done my purpose in writing. I like poems that rhyme, have rhythm, and meaning, or poems that tell a story. At present, I am into the study of Asian forms of poetry such as the Naani (Indian Telugu form) and the Japanese poetry forms Haiku and Tanka. I like writing the Ninette, Pleiades, Octelle, Kyrielle, and Cinquian, Couplet, and the Septolet.
I've loved reading poetry since I was a child and some kids thought I was weird but I enjoyed it. I tried to write poems as early as age 8, some were published by the nuns in our school paper. One thing I found out, I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Happy Writer -new-
- Scars Never Heal -new-
- The Only Key -new-
- Carol Burnett, A Tribute
- Richard Kiel, 'Jaws' - A Tribute
- Lee Rigby
- The Battles I Win
- Life is No Playground
- Down The Peace Road (Kyrielle)
- With Poetry And My Sewing (Kyrielle Poem...
- I'm Glad That Miracle is You (Kyrielle P...
- My Place
- Portrait of Life (Cinquain)
- The Eyes Are Windows
- A Baby's Laughter
- A Heart That Worships
- A Lonely Man
- Boundless Love
- A Father's Tears (Free Verse)
- The Hunter (Narrative Poetry)
- Clay Story (10 Syllables Per Line Poem)
- Yes I Am A Christian, Does That Bother Y...
- I Drown In Words
- Lost Generation, Dead Nation
- At One Time We Were Here
- Just Being Nothing
- Inner Beauty
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)