If I fly
then I am off the ground.
If I am off the ground
I might fly too high and spin off into space
where I will perish.
If I don't fly
and stay on the ground
then I lose out on the experience of flying.
If I fly tip-toe but not actually fly
then I don't fly or soar.
and lose the experience of really flying.
If I stay on the ground then my life
will not be what it could be.
I guess flying is worth the risk.
But then this
is a personal choice
and I could fail.
So fear of failure
is my real enemy.
That I have to overcome.
Be prepared to fail as many
times as it takes
but don't give up on flying.
Lonnie Hicks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flying by Lonnie Hicks )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver