Why did you have to go?
Perhaps the lure of money or do you just not know?
I called you friend once and we'd talk and fix all ills,
But now you've walked away in hope to pay off all your bills!
Time is a teacher, an un-forgiving friend that sits and waits in judgement until the bitter end.
Mistakes we have to make through life's unending maze
In clouded judgment for you'll see no lighthouse through the haze.
Mistreatment for the many or have you just forgot?
Perhaps greed took a hold of you and you're caught up in all the rot?
So many missed opportunities to put this world to rights,
Yet like so many others you gave up without a fight.
And when life starts to ebb away I hope you'll plainly see
The mechanism that drives our hearts and tries to set men free!
I leave you with no ill feelings, no malice or no hate.
You've made your rash decision and now it is too late
I only ask you this one thing and then I'll let you bee
That you remember your actions and their impact on such as we!
Fossor jump in qua Angelus vereor calco!
kipper Stagg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fool! by kipper Stagg )
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
- Shiva Stotram, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley