They sat perched high gazing out over Gods creations in awe and wonder.
Half a century together and never a day apart,
Yet off in the far distance he could hear the roar of thunder.
And to safety they would run laughing, holding hands with love pulsing through their hearts.
Inside they where still young, youth had not past them by.
Time for them had stood still.
A cloud past swiftly over the sun and a cold breeze shook the old oak tree and a single leaf gently fell.
Her hand was lost! In anguish he searched for her aimlessly but she was gone and through his veins a deathly chill.
And in his heart a silent hell!
kipper Stagg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (fallen leaf by kipper Stagg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale
- Cooling Off Time..., Denis Martindale
- And fairy land xxii, binod bastola
- When I was A Little Boy, ronald stroman
- keeping down apperances, lee fones
- Onkar Nath Gupta As A Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey