For Florence, July,1984
I watch her watching,
Watching the show,
Her grey head cocked
As though she knew she would be
Part of the myth, the mystery
Of life and death, all too soon.
Like the mouse of life
Waiting for the cat of death.
And when I can no longer watch,
I kiss her warm cheek
Because it is still warm.
Fred Babbin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Florence, July,1984 by Fred Babbin )
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath
- Fate's Decisions, Tex T Sarnie
- My Body, Tammy Sue Moore
- Aiming High, Tex T Sarnie
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #05, Ronjoy Brahma
- Changing Thoughts, Akhtar Jawad
- Lament, Sylvia Plath