For More Leaves
Why do trees belatedly call for more leaves?
On their boughs or their thorns or what?
These treacheries number in the thousands,
Tread on the calcium of bones to discover
A real rally of strength, sorely missed by us.
Stay with certain strength, stay with the masses
To overwhelm the crowd of dignitaries,
As infantry collides with the atoms of despair,
Rocketing really with relaxation.
I have down there a dangerous woman of dis-beliefs,
That range from one moment to the next,
Overpowering the majority of thinkers
With their own smiles and tributes.
Why do certain plants also shed light
On the very stars above us?
The disbelief is tremendous,
And overreaching, so their partners are liars
Unto the ultimate beliefs housed
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For More Leaves by Naveed Akram )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1923 - 1998)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- this just fell off of my frontal lobe, Mandolyn ...
- Growing Intellectually, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra
- Art or no art, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer