Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
For My Grandson Jorge, On His Barmitzvah
Sorry I cannot be with you
On this your special day,
But I shall be thinking of you
When you go out to play.
Experience all the pleasures
Of land, and sea, and folk
May the day be full of happiness
Without cares, and rain, and smoke.
Remember that you are still young
Although today you become a Man,
May Fortune and Health be with you
As often as they can.
I end these words of wisdom
With love and good wishes too
To enjoy this 13th Birthday
With all who are with you.
Copyright (c) Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 25 August 2003
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Grandson Jorge, On His Barmitzvah by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Double Standards, Terry Dawson
- Goodbye, Rockford, Michael Shutt
- First Memory of Urinals, Roger A. Rose
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver