For My Teenage Daughter Lexus
Here is a heartfelt story for a Lexus,
Bigger than the lone star state Texas,
I do not mean that expensive luxury car,
This Lexus is my ride on a shining star.
My teenager is such a wonderful young lady,
FYI, no matter how old she’ll still be my baby,
As the saying goes, the apple of my eye,
Excited and eagerly waiting to tell you why.
Since this bonding of mother & daughter,
Is maturing to become all the stronger,
I could stand here and never be done,
However, I know I’m not the only one.
As many proud parents are here to see,
Strengthened in a growing love, grateful are we,
Paying homage to our children naturally,
By the Blood of the Lamb sealed through reality.
I’ll make use of the remaining amount of time,
Highlighting prominent things coming to mind,
It does my heart good to come here confessing,
This child has been a Holy Spirit filled blessing.
Formed in the distant heavens above,
An eternal image because God so loved,
Long before our earthly time began,
Consecrated at Calvary by the Son of Man.
The love of Christ Jesus is surrounded with grace,
By a smile sweetheart, you always put on my face.
Unmerited mercy from our Creator that only gets better,
The some total of which will last from now until forever.
Remember the time your Pamper was overly wet?
Of course not, you were a toddler so I too should forget,
The clock is running low, let’s get back to the serious side,
The reason I stand before everyone, beaming with pride.
From the very beginning when you answered the call,
2nd honors in academics before the crossover in basketball,
Elated because you understood when running this race,
Everything needed a proper perspective put in it’s place.
Not an hour or single day in fifteen years has gone by,
When I have ever felt the need to stop and wonder why,
Humble as I speak before my Christian sisters & brothers,
Thank the Lord for you Lexus, love always, Marchon your mother.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Teenage Daughter Lexus by Luke Easter )
- There are people هناك اناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Run Back To Him! (Original Sin), Dylan Attard
- I Don't Believe In Such, Dexsta Ray
- Better tomorrow, hasmukh amathalal
- Lost the fragrance, ramesh rai
- Little House Upon A Hill (Silence & Will), Dylan Attard
- I'm Not Tired (Before I Fade), Dylan Attard
- AS THE MANGALYAN 14 WOOS THE MARS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Violence will always Beget more Violence, Hebert Logerie
- Pluis de muis, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)