For No Reason (A Prefix To Death) - by Rahul Sharma
Fears do prevail,
Within frozen minds
Prior to death,
For no reason.
The undefined search-
For the unknown destination
Will never end,
Even after the last breath.
When mind starts dying
After realizing that
Everything was given,
Just as alms,
Yet felt as realms!
For no reason.
Life, is like a prison within,
With fate as its walls,
Each time, we plan to unlock;
Results in a deadlock!
And that is all a weird state,
Of being alive- for no reason!
Time says no to dreams and thoughts,
And fears and regrets indeed.
And now it is time to vindicate:
If everything had reasons,
Then why to feel so sorry,
At the end of the story?
When the point of time reaches
To take back everything from you!
Just like the winds, of an autumn season,
As if from some other world
Coming again, you see that comrade? ?
Again, for no reason...!
- Rahul Sharma (all rights reserved)
Rahul Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For No Reason (A Prefix To Death) - by Rahul Sharma by Rahul Sharma )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)