For Sharon (my little sister and second mother)
You were always my little sister, whether you knew it or not,
Even though you thought differently, when you were just a tot-
Even way back then, you wanted to take care of me,
You put on the Big Sister act, it didn't bother me, you see-
But when I reflect on those early times, I find I am mistaken-
For those years you stood by me, for granted you were taken.
You married young in life, your roads were rough, like mine-
But now your days are treasured, like aged and ripe old wine.
You've found the one that loves you, that one with the special glow-
That very special mate...hold him tight and don't let go!
And here I'm writing verse to you, to give you thanks and blessing-
For the times that you took care of me, for the grooming and the dressing!
Thanks for the times you freely gave, thanks for all of the care-
That was sisterly love, that only a sister could share!
You were my little sister- I was the other brother -
And now, the secret's out - You were my second mother!
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Sharon (my little sister and second mother) by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- My Two Friends, Naveed Akram
- *Sigh*, Michael McParland
- Mouna Vrata - The Vow of Silence., Hardik Vaidya
- Handle, Aparna Chatterjee
- Dorothy Slept In The Emerald Eye Of Cycl.., mary douglas
- Panjhae pakhi, gajanan mishra
- The Shola king who owns the country snat.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Patra, gajanan mishra
- Select to Reject, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- mo jibana bipadare, gajanan mishra