For the Unachievable Fragment
There is a verse
missing from my unfinished song.
A melody is lacking
to complete the music.
There is a piece
that will never be permanently
lodged into my frame.
and inconsideration distorts
the picture, the sound, and the words.
My song and puzzle
will never attain perfect completion.
I will always be a border,
devoid of the one inner piece
that brings forth euphoria and beauty.
My soul shall tuck itself in the closet
where memories of my inspiration
dwell in a hallowed space.
My soul is surely to find
a little bliss there.
Melissa Hurst's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For the Unachievable Fragment by Melissa Hurst )
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)