Sidi J. Mahtrow
For Want of a Loaf of Bread
For want of a loaf of bread,
A child was lost.
For want of a child,
A family was lost.
For want of a family,
A community was lost.
For want of a community,
A Town was lost.
For want of a town,
A state was lost.
For want of a state,
A nation was lost.
For want of a nation
A society was lost.
All for the want of a loaf of bread.
Making fuel from grain has unintended consequences.
Sidi J. Mahtrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Want of a Loaf of Bread by Sidi J. Mahtrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To Refuse Those Nuts (Decisions Made To .., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wash away, Jessica Dehn
- The Thrill Has Gone, Robert Melliard
- सच बात है यही। SACH BAAT, hasmukh amathalal
- Those Sweetened Beaten Bushes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Immature Minds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- King James, David Lessard
- Waves, gajanan mishra
- having a stroke inside a straight line, Mandolyn Davidson
- leaving is losing a million things to say, Mandolyn Davidson