For War The Cost Is Great
As well as for World harmony another huge setback
There is one big lesson to be learned from Iraq
Those who invade other Countries a huge price must pay
For war the cost is great tis always been this way.
Yet powerful leaders and their advisors never learn of war history
Beyond their big egos they cannot seem to see
They tell us of freedom yet they themselves are free
Of compassion for others and human empathy.
So many must suffer and die for a war to be won
And in war winners are losers when all is said and done
For how can one be a winner with so many human lives lost
A victory in war does come at a great cost.
And yet we hear more rumors of war every day
Most leaders with great power lack in wisdom twould be fair to say
And in the future will the lesson of Iraq be another lesson in vain
For the lessons of war in the past do remain.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For War The Cost Is Great by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..