For War The Cost Is Great
As well as for World harmony another huge setback
There is one big lesson to be learned from Iraq
Those who invade other Countries a huge price must pay
For war the cost is great tis always been this way.
Yet powerful leaders and their advisors never learn of war history
Beyond their big egos they cannot seem to see
They tell us of freedom yet they themselves are free
Of compassion for others and human empathy.
So many must suffer and die for a war to be won
And in war winners are losers when all is said and done
For how can one be a winner with so many human lives lost
A victory in war does come at a great cost.
And yet we hear more rumors of war every day
Most leaders with great power lack in wisdom twould be fair to say
And in the future will the lesson of Iraq be another lesson in vain
For the lessons of war in the past do remain.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For War The Cost Is Great by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Homophones, Victor Cruickshank
- Time, Victor Cruickshank
- More Of The Different, John deVries
- Speak about love, hasmukh amathalal
- The Petrichor, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Its outcome, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning, Victor Cruickshank
- unforgettable circumstance!, Steve Jackson