Lovely Laura, in luxury lace
Love me ~ leave me never.
Let your lamp light up the lake
Lagoon among the purple heather.
Lean on litany when life is low
Lay down your head and linger.
Lavender bring from over the lea
Liase with me and leave me never.
Little do you know of love
Less than many older ladies.
Legends tell, true love is all
Lyrical love songs sweetly playing.
Lovely Laura with loyal grace
Lullabies I will sing when you're blue.
Let heavenly romance be ours tonight
Life would be so lonely without you.
By Joyce Hemsley
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever Laura by Joyce Hemsley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- None Sweeter, Michael P. McParland
- Not Yet Slept, Michael P. McParland
- No Other, Michael P. McParland
- Blue Hope, maryline vautravers
- No More Yelling, Michael P. McParland
- No Greater Love, Michael P. McParland
- Nightlife, Michael P. McParland
- Never Ending, Michael P. McParland
- Needed Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Needed, Michael P. McParland