Forever your parasite
I was floating in your womb,
warm amniotic fluid bathing me.
A dream, I dreamt with open eyes,
of this safety cocoon.
I dream it often, to coil back.
My umbilicus though devoid
and your placenta shriveled,
a phantasmal cord still attached.
The Wharton's jelly dried,
arteries and veins clamped.
I breathe to survive, yet
I hold on to the cord for life.
Like an unborn fetus,
forever your parasite.
Mother, my shining star
Your breath, keeps me alive.
Akshaya Pawasker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever your parasite by Akshaya Pawasker )
- 경산(경산) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《경산(경산) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●구미 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미(구미) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘구미 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙구미 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿구미 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７구미(구미) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- The Art of Living, Bijay Kant Dubey
- 구미(구미) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《구미(구미) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구(대구) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The House of My Childhood, Dilip Chitre
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)