My sister's words came like blunt thunder
'You are just like Daddy! '
Her hidden bitterness was laid there,
Uncovered from childhood memory.
All these years, I thought it was over,
Forgiveness assumed in a state of Grace.
Yet shedding off the pain seemed much harder
Anger set a mark that was easy to trace.
In her heart a great wall had been built
Of unexpressed words that would have released
The prodigal father from the shackles of Guilt
For herself, the pain could have been eased.
And now every conflict unearths the scars
Though the Past is over, can never be undone,
It is hard to be free from invisible bars
When the sentence is a lifetime prison of one.
Copyright~~~Cynthia Buhain Baello~~~04.19.13
Dedicated to my Dad (April 27,1921 - May 5,2009)
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgiving Daddy by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Investing In Banks Or Companies Beware, Terence G. Craddock
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.