Forsake me not, O Lord. -Psalm 38: 21
Father, forsake not your child,
Lest he fall by the hand of the enemy.
Shepherd, forsake not your lamb,
Lest he wander from the safety of the fold.
Great Husbandman, forsake not your plant,
Lest it wither and die.
Forsake me not, O Lord,
And forsake me not at any moment of my life.
Forsake me not in my joys,
Lest they absorb my heart.
Forsake me not in my sorrows,
Lest I murmur against you.
Forsake me not in the day of my repentance,
Lest I lose the hope of pardon,
And fall into despair;
And forsake me not in the day of my strongest faith,
Lest faith degenerate into presumption.
Forsake me not, for without you I am weak,
But with you am strong.
Forsake me not, for my path is dangerous,
And full of snares, and I cannot do without your guidance.
The hen forsakes not her brood,
Do then evermore cover me with your feathers,
And permit me under your wings to find my refuge.
Be not far from me, O Lord, for trouble is near,
For there is none to help.' 'Leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation! ''
O ever in our cleansed breast,
Bid your Eternal Spirit rest;
And make our secret soul
To be A temple pure and worthy Your presence.'
Obed Akuma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forsake me not, O Lord. -Psalm 38: 21 by Obed Akuma )
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
- Word Shadows, michael walkerjohn
- Blockbuster, Lev Brekhman
- Uncertain feeling, Lev Brekhman
- Intricacies of perception, Lev Brekhman
- Brainwash, Lev Brekhman
- Broken record, Lev Brekhman
- She is Pregnant., Tajudeen Shah
- A few maxims, Lev Brekhman
- The corner that cuts you, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Frederick George Scott
(7 April 1861 – 19 January 1944)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)