Forsake me not, O Lord. -Psalm 38: 21
Father, forsake not your child,
Lest he fall by the hand of the enemy.
Shepherd, forsake not your lamb,
Lest he wander from the safety of the fold.
Great Husbandman, forsake not your plant,
Lest it wither and die.
Forsake me not, O Lord,
And forsake me not at any moment of my life.
Forsake me not in my joys,
Lest they absorb my heart.
Forsake me not in my sorrows,
Lest I murmur against you.
Forsake me not in the day of my repentance,
Lest I lose the hope of pardon,
And fall into despair;
And forsake me not in the day of my strongest faith,
Lest faith degenerate into presumption.
Forsake me not, for without you I am weak,
But with you am strong.
Forsake me not, for my path is dangerous,
And full of snares, and I cannot do without your guidance.
The hen forsakes not her brood,
Do then evermore cover me with your feathers,
And permit me under your wings to find my refuge.
Be not far from me, O Lord, for trouble is near,
For there is none to help.' 'Leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation! ''
O ever in our cleansed breast,
Bid your Eternal Spirit rest;
And make our secret soul
To be A temple pure and worthy Your presence.'
Obed Akuma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forsake me not, O Lord. -Psalm 38: 21 by Obed Akuma )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland