Some leaves are dark jade and yellow, others so gleaming
pale green that you just now when they fall off trees they
will not rot on the ground but fly and join ocean, because
they are droplets of the seas that have tried life ashore for
a season, but they are glad to be back to marine life.
To ride the crest of a wave, to be a part of raw power, for
nothing can stop water from going where it wants.
Build dams and dikes it will keep the sea out for a while but
only to a great wave comes along and smashes it all. Yet it
was nice to be a leaf on an olive tree soak up the sun, to be
almost still, tickled by the summer breeze and see beautiful
butterflies, but ocean is their destiny it’s there they belong.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (fortunate leaves by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- I Believe, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Peace - a means, gajanan mishra