We were friends living in the same locality
In two grades of a school both did study
Though he was a year than me younger
He believed, behaved far more mature
We had lots to talk at times after school
No video, mobile, none that's today cool
No girls in campus, it was boys exclusive
We'd go cycling in search of that elusive!
Bicycles took us to many far-off places
A valley with the sun setting behind hills
In a field filled with lush three-leaf clovers
Our talk on topics, among wild flowers
Beyond our age and times, were so deep
No four-leaf clover's luck-love-faith-hope,
In that far-off vale, though we ever found.
In our discussions, we did well expound.
Padmanabhan Ananth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Four-Leaf Clover by Padmanabhan Ananth )
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath