Fragments of a Ninth Birthday
Fragments of a red balloon
Hang limp on the rail.
Like the echoes of a birthday tune
They're now remanants of a birthday tale.
The Green Machine sets in park.
Its reverie grows dim.
Like a broken heart, silenced in the dark.
Waiting, waiting, just for him.
Gift boxes and ribbons, ripped apart,
New toys left on the floor,
Like the little boys' lonely heart,
They're now locked behind a closed door.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fragments of a Ninth Birthday by NeVada Baker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Now she's gone....., Enock kuria
- Prime Truth - 16, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- V, Denrya Astor
- رائحة, نزار قباني
- The Bunch In My Head, Margaret Alice Second
- Truth are to be discovered, gajanan mishra
- God Brought you into my life... A love p.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Feel The Joy, Margaret Alice Second
- rather be - Get Lost, sEaN nOrTh
- رقم قياسي, نزار قباني