Free from who i was
Locked in a dark room
for this is where i linger in a ocean of pain.
i hit the walls in anger, wanting to escape,
no windows no doors
nothing letting me see past my self-doupt.
many years past.
darkness consuming me
a whole through the wall
a spot of light
i look though the whole, i see people
people with hope
i try to make the whole bigger
my hands all cut up, im just able to fit a hand though.
i put my hand thought, i wait for days
weeks, slowly losing hope,
untill one person grabs my hand, once again restored
this person waited with me for weeks on end untill more
more people came the helped me,
no longer within my pain i hide but now within hope i move forward
only yourself can choise your own path, but a hand getting there is never as far as you think
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free from who i was by Stacy Bea )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hugging The Girl, Post Not The Photo, O .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- thank you for stepping on me, Mandolyn Davidson
- आंखौ बासिनाया (मेथाइ), Ronjoy Brahma
- that is not a moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- even clowns fall in love, Mandolyn Davidson
- The Third Eye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Om; O Meditate You!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Who Am I, Ronjoy Brahma
- LOVE JESUS, Tom Zart
- Nataraja Shiva- II, Bijay Kant Dubey