It was in ninth grade English class
And my teacher was Miss Joan Frank
It was because of her love of poetry,
That I now have her to blame or thank.
Poems came alive in her classroom
As we absorbed Lewis Caroll's whimsy
And many years later I still wonder what
And why, Borogoves are mimsey
We read of an ancient mariner and
The price of what omen's cost.
And stopped to ponder a snowy woods
While his little horse shook off the frost.
I have always preferred poems that rhyme
And although this might sound terse
I never have really understood the style
That is known as 'free verse'.
I and others will use that form
So I don't intend to create a gaffe
But, in the end is not 'Free Verse'
Just a well written paragraph?
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free Style by Edward Iacona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hollow, Michael McParland
- Him, Her, And Us, Michael McParland
- Here We Are, Michael McParland
- Help Me, Michael McParland
- Your Berries Are Diseased, Naveed Akram
- Hellraiser, Michael McParland
- Recollections Of Pittsburg, Kate Harrington
- He Lives, Michael McParland
- Confusion, Michael McParland
- Haunting Nightmares, Michael McParland