Philip Emmanuel Penaflor
"So why do people prefer to live a lie and pretend that they are
just fine when in fact they are hurting deep inside? " I asked pain.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures", she said quoting Voltaire.
"It is easier to pretend, for any consequence of pain is superficial
while the consequences of truth are real and its pain stings deep."
"When people begin to dwell on illusions, there is no limit to what
they can become as there is no barrier to their fantasies; and when
they do get back to reality it does not hurt them too much because
they knew from the very beginning that everything was not real".
"And in this cruel world illusion is a form of escape, people must
learn to survive somehow, and people survive by living a life of lie! "
"But isn't it that the world is cruel because of the lies we created? "
again I asked. "Exactly", she said. "Truth is kinder because it liberates
you of what you are not, and freedom enables you to walk naked
without fear of losing yourself for there is nothing to lose anymore."
Philip Emmanuel Penaflor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom by Philip Emmanuel Penaflor )
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
- America, Angela K Brown
- Moonly Pride, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Civil Disobedience, Angela K Brown
- Brown Skin, Angela K Brown
- In Spirit With The King, Tone Lyriker
- Knaha Tu Knha Mey! !, Amitava Sur
- Lagacy of a Wave, Bill Cantrell
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns