In the white nights I was looking for rest
in the madness and licentiousness,
making dirty everything by touching someoneelse's sweat.
in exclusive brothels,
drunk on glass tables
argentinian tango I danced.
Pride was my luxury,
and the lies acords of repentance.
With slander I killed innosent souls,
so that is why freedom will not be reached.
I won't be able to see it with my eyes.
In an extasy with a white handkerachief
I waved to God-I am coming.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Freedom by Pere Risteski )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)