It was cold in the valley domestic animals were snug in barns even hardy sheep
and goats came indoors. Clear sky and freezing, the moisture in the air turned
into diamond dust flittering in the breeze looking like pulverized rainbows or snow
crystals dipped in jolly paint suitable for a Christmas do at the local bordello.
The frost was deadly for wild animals, whose burrows and lairs were penetrated
by pre-historic frigidity, pale blood, and the utter insipidness of the exhausted.
A flock of wild boars pushed open the hayloft door and found refuge, as did elk,
deer, wolves, hares and their cousin the rabbit. Two tramps also have found
sanctuary here happily asleep in the miasma of animal scent. When they awoke
animals were getting restless, the frost was gone and they reverted back to form.
Noah´s ark had landed and the animals hasted down the ramp to the freedom of
the open. The tramp too fled to avoid being blamed of the chaos on the hay loft.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frost by oskar hansen )
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
- "Vae victis! ", Lento Maez
- the death of a little girl, Lizzy Hartwig
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns