It was cold in the valley domestic animals were snug in barns even hardy sheep
and goats came indoors. Clear sky and freezing, the moisture in the air turned
into diamond dust flittering in the breeze looking like pulverized rainbows or snow
crystals dipped in jolly paint suitable for a Christmas do at the local bordello.
The frost was deadly for wild animals, whose burrows and lairs were penetrated
by pre-historic frigidity, pale blood, and the utter insipidness of the exhausted.
A flock of wild boars pushed open the hayloft door and found refuge, as did elk,
deer, wolves, hares and their cousin the rabbit. Two tramps also have found
sanctuary here happily asleep in the miasma of animal scent. When they awoke
animals were getting restless, the frost was gone and they reverted back to form.
Noah´s ark had landed and the animals hasted down the ramp to the freedom of
the open. The tramp too fled to avoid being blamed of the chaos on the hay loft.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frost by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey