Someone said "you're as young as you feel".
At age fifty I'm feeling grand.
Life has given me many blows;
I fell, but still I stand.
I've become much wiser, I can tell.
My patience has been tested;
And I didn't fail.
I'll walk out the plans
God has prepared for me,
And make it to my destiny.
If you ask me what I value most;
It's God, family and friends.
God will never leave me nor forsake me.
Family loves me, In spite of my faults.
A true friendship will never end.
Material things are not my focus,
My character, I must up hold.
When my soul is gone to my heavenly Father;
What legacy will be told?
Like a tree planted by water,
I'll spread my roots so strong;
Always producing a harvest of good fruit,
That will feed others when I'm gone.
Fifty is really fabulous,
I have nothing bad to say.
The stiffness that I experience some mornings;
I just stretch and it goes away.
I must say, I'm wearing it well,
Fifty looks good on me.
I hold my head high because
I feel like royalty.
I like age fifty,
And I love being me!
© 2011 Phyllis Strong
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fruitful Fifties by Phyllis Strong )
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi