Someone said "you're as young as you feel".
At age fifty I'm feeling grand.
Life has given me many blows;
I fell, but still I stand.
I've become much wiser, I can tell.
My patience has been tested;
And I didn't fail.
I'll walk out the plans
God has prepared for me,
And make it to my destiny.
If you ask me what I value most;
It's God, family and friends.
God will never leave me nor forsake me.
Family loves me, In spite of my faults.
A true friendship will never end.
Material things are not my focus,
My character, I must up hold.
When my soul is gone to my heavenly Father;
What legacy will be told?
Like a tree planted by water,
I'll spread my roots so strong;
Always producing a harvest of good fruit,
That will feed others when I'm gone.
Fifty is really fabulous,
I have nothing bad to say.
The stiffness that I experience some mornings;
I just stretch and it goes away.
I must say, I'm wearing it well,
Fifty looks good on me.
I hold my head high because
I feel like royalty.
I like age fifty,
And I love being me!
© 2011 Phyllis Strong
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fruitful Fifties by Phyllis Strong )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Rainbow, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Cut Myself While Shaving, Kyle Schlicher
- The Basket Weavers, Holly Wotherspoon
- Eternal Life, Michael P. McParland
- Enriched, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Lights, Meriam Joseph
- 12/12/13, Andy Sayasone
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Empty Nights, Michael P. McParland
- You Are......, Michael P. McParland
- आतंकवाद और उसका मज़हब (Terrorism and its.., Pawan Kumar Bharti