Go on then,
Put a bullet in my head,
It doesn't matter that I'm dead,
I need to get off to bed.
I was learning how to kill,
At only ten years old,
I loved making blood spill,
This controller was my world.
No one played outside anymore,
So I stayed stuck in my room,
I just found general life a bore,
I was happy enveloped in gloom.
The light clicked off,
The clock struck ten,
My console was finally shut down,
But the violence and gore still played in my head,
Stuck going round and around.
But that night I dreamt of dreadful things,
One of a woman having to say goodbye,
I saw the hurt of what war brings,
I saw many soldiers die.
All she received was a single letter,
Saying her lover was gone,
She looked at the skies,
She cried and cried,
He would never saw his baby born.
I wake up with a startle,
My phone is dancing away,
It's my friend asking me to come online,
But I said not today.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The important thing that you take from this poem is not to quit gaming, but the respect the fact as your killing pieces of code, real people are dying. They don't get no reset, just game over.
Remember those who have fallen for our freedom.
Comments about this poem (Game Over by Joel Duncan )
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
- I Sang, Vera Sidhwa
- Something Just Touched Me, Stephen Warren Williams
- Waiting too Volunteer, michael walkerjohn
- Embargo all over, hasmukh amathalal
- Time shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)