George Zimmerman, 'Not Guilty' A Travesty Of Justice?
What happened to Trayvon Martin shouldn’t happen to any 1,
And yet, this killing is not the worse thing that has been done,
Weekend before George Zimmerman’s not guilty of any & all,
51 Black on Black gunshots 40 wounded 11 would fatally fall.
City of Chicago, where Blacks kill more Blacks, George who?
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton don’t they have enough to do?
Rainbow Coalition & Operation P.U.S.H. is the head quarters,
Hey Reverend Jackson first clean up within your own borders.
This tragedy is being protested by thousands of American Blacks,
With not one single rally regarding those deadly Chicago attacks,
Detroit, South Central, Philly, Harlem, Houston, Gary & Buffalo,
The tip of the Iceberg for the killing of Blacks if you didn’t know.
Trayvon is one, in the above cities hundreds may die every week,
For a single case the DOJ is asked to investigate, truth we seek?
Truth is, Black on Black murders should be a more heinous crime,
Is it so commonplace that Blacks expect it as it’s done all the time?
Rap videos depict violence common as Chevrolet & Mom’s apple pie?
Inner city neighborhoods you’re not expected to graduate but to die?
Oh, Carl and Louis Stokes, Lawyers, Mayor, Congress, Judge but who?
Instead strive to be drug dealers, pimps, rappers, instead of you two?
DOJ investigates anything it should re-open the case of LaVena Lynn,
Think Trayvon was an atrocity? Read what happened to PFC Johnson,
Find it then forward the information to Obama, he’s had nothing to say,
Because he’s too busy making personal phone calls congratulating Gays.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (George Zimmerman, 'Not Guilty' A Travesty Of Justice? by Luke Easter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- His & her roles reverse, Mark Heathcote
- Water, Mark Heathcote
- My Coquette Moon, Guillermo Veloso
- Compose yourself my sweet-pea flower, Mark Heathcote
- Darker Flowers, Guillermo Veloso
- Two crashed bicycles?, Mark Heathcote
- Poetic injustices, Mark Heathcote
- Sleigh bells and flowery beds, Mark Heathcote
- Beautiful Angel Who Endlessly Glows, Rohit Sapra
- On The Clock, Nika McGuin