Gift of Dawn
From slumber, dawn awakes to unfold,
A new morn; A new story is told
Unveiling the wonder of the first morning:
The cock crows announcing the dawn’s coming
From tree tops, the birds, choral sing
Raising a crescendo, a symphony playing
Flowers, like eager maidens await Sun’s visiting
Butterflies on flowers’ faces kiss-greeting
Squirrels hip-hop tree to tree
Expressing their daybreak-glee
Glittering dew drops at the tips of leaves;
The cool fresh air, nature breathes
Sun majestically appears over the horizon
Presenting the gift of the day with a reason
Orchestrating nature’s wake-up call,
Sun’s rays embrace: nature’s enthralled
Like Eden’s first morning!
A gift for man’s rejoicing!
O’ what precious gift of dawn
O’ what a start, refreshing morn
A gift, for man’s recreation!
O’ what creation’s benediction!
Ending each day, praising and thanksgiving
Praying for another dawn, another blessing!
In moments like this, I think
Of the gift of friendship you bring
And count the many blessings
Humbly, I then give God, my thanksgivings.
Paul Sebastian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gift of Dawn by Paul Sebastian )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes